Unity Church of Christ is part of a worldwide Christian organization over a century old called Unity (www.unity.org). Our local church is a family church whose sole purpose is to help people help themselves in changing their lives and their world for the better.
At Unity, there is no creed, dogma, ritual, or ecclesiastical garb. Basic tenets are offered, not as required beliefs, but as teachings that can be used as guidance if someone so chooses.
It is an honor and a pleasure to have you visit the Unity Church of Christ website. It is our desire to help you find whatever you are looking for — whether it is peace or guidance, inspiration or comfort, rest or friendship.
God bless you and give you that which you need — and may you always be open to receiving these gifts.
Unity’s Five Basic Principles
1. There is only one Presence and one Power active as the universe and as my life, God the Good.
2. Our essence is of God; therefore, we are inherently good. This God essence, called the Christ, was fully expressed in Jesus and it is within us. This spark of Divinity is within everyone.
3. We are co-creators with God, creating our reality through thoughts held in mind.
4. Through prayer and meditation, we align our heart-mind with God. Denials and affirmations are tools we use.
5. Through thoughts, words and actions, we live the Truth we know.